Tuesday, September 3, 2013

AW13 Trend Alert: Tartan Spirit



Tartan print is one of the trends we have seen in the AW13 catwalks all over the world. Celebrities like  Sarah Jessica Parker, Rihanna, Emma Watson or Taylor Swift are just a few who have decided to embrace this trend and show their tartan dresses like authentic Highlands princesses on their last public appearances.


I particularly love this trend and most of my favourite highstreet fashion brands have added in their collections pieces with tartan prints, specially blazers, dresses and skirts. Why I love tartan so much?
Well, you can wear it in so many ways, and no matter which look you prefer: rebel, classic, feminine or more 'lolita style', tartan fits with all of them.

Geting the classic red tartan print and combine it with black accessories is the most commoun way to wear it, but you can be more risky, like Sarah Jessica Parker (just see in the picture above) and combine it with other colours like pink and white, to get a more 'lady' look.

Do you love tartan print as me?? Congratulations! It will be quite easy for you to find amazing tartan garments next season, here are some ideas!

Tartan Spirit

1. Tartan Tee- Topshop (shop here)
2. Tartan bag - Topshop (shop here)
3. Tartan Midi Skirt - Boohoo (Shop here)
4. Tartan cigarrette pants - River Island (Shop here)
5. Tartan dress - Marks&Spencer (Shop here)
6. Tartan Scarf - Accesorize (Shop here)

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get some tartan into my wardrobe! Love Emma Watson's dress, and the M&S leather trim one is pretty cool too!

    Sam Muses xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be living in this print thjis coming season. The dress is gorgeous.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome trends and digging the tartan trend this season. I found your blog via IFB. I am following you, I hope you do follow my blog too.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome trends and digging the tartan trend this season. I found your blog via IFB. I am following you, I hope you do follow my blog too.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection ! I like No. 5 cause it is so simple.

    Louboutin London store for stylish leather shoes

    ReplyDelete