Friday, August 30, 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes Set - Review

Finally, I decided to invest in a good set of foundation brushes. Choosing a good set of brushes is as important as picking the right makeup for each one's face. I am an avid reader of beauty and makeup blogs and Real Techniques brushes are  the most used by beauty bloggers all over the world. In addition, I have read really good feedback about the Core Collection Set, so I ordered it in my last internet purchase.



The Core Collection includes a set of four  brushes. Each one is specific to get a flawless complexion when you are applying your foundation, concealer or powder brush.



  • Contour Brush: appropiate to apply highlighter to create a sheer finish.
  • Pointed Foundation Brush: used to apply liquid foundation easily.
  • Detailer Brush:  ideal for  either foundation or concealer application in especific areas like the sides of the nose or under the eyes.
  • Buffing Brush: ideal for powder or mineral foundations.
It's been a week since I have been using this collection of makeup brushes and I really have seen a difference from using my old ones. The application of makeup is much easier and spreads the foundation smoothly. The bristles are super soft, so if you have sensitive skin, these brushes are perfect for you!

Something I also like is the black case provided, in the set. You can use it to keep your brushes in when you're not using them and handy every time you'll need them.

I simply find this set perfect, and I definitively will be making my collection bigger. I think my next purchase will be the eye-definition collection. If they are as good as the Core Set, it's worth the price.

You can check out these and other type of brushes at Real Techniques website here








2 comments:

  1. Ulta in the US carries these brushes and I always look at them, but haven't purchased .. I think I have too many brushes already. I suppose you can never have too many makeup brushes ;-)

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete