Friday, August 23, 2013

Astor Mattitude HD Foundation - Review


Hello all! So, in my never-ending search for the perfect foundation, this time I have added Astor Mattitude HD Foundation to my makeup collection. Some weeks ago I got Astor's Mattitude Finishing Powder and it was quite good, so I decided to 'trust' once again in this brand.



As it st stated in the name "Mattitude", this foundation is made for oily/combination skin types, which usually  'suffer' with thse annoying and unflattering shinning areas, specially in the T-Zone. The gel formula, made for an easier application, and the 22 SPF, promises to be the perfect allied for all women with combination skin.


This makeup comes in the typical pump-bottle format, something I prefer than the normal 'tube' formats, as I think I don't waste product. The size is not bad (30ml) but I would have prefered a bigger format, specially if you're thinking about making of this foundation your daily makeup.

I my opinion I find this foundation really easy to apply. I don't need to use a foundation brush to get a flawless finishing, which it's perfect when you're in a hurry.I simply push the pump twice, and I have enough product for all face areas and neck. Oh! an I also want to point out that the smell is fantastic!


However, I was expecting a much better coverage. I am 30, and fortunatelly I hardly suffer from pimples and blackheads as much as I used ten years ago, but I still have old marks and some blemishes from time to time, and not all of them are covered with this foundation, which it is a bit dissapointing. Anyway, the matte effect lasts for quite a long time (around 4 or 5 hours without retouching it).



Would I buy this product in the future? I don't think so. The mattifying formula is excellent but I think they should work a bit in the coverage, which it's also very important.

For more info about this product and all available shades, visit their webpage in this link.

2 comments:

  1. Good review! I love reading about brands that I'm not familiar with. Too bad about the coverage .. I'm definitely someone who wants at least medium coverage in my foundation.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! Yeah it was a bit dissapointing when I found out it offered a poor coverage, specially because it pointed oout just the opposite!
      xo
      Maria C

      Delete