Despite the fact that it's Friday, today I have decided to stay cosy at home, it's cold and windy outside and I don't feel like going out, so I have been doing those typical girly tasks we all do from time to time, like tyding up my wardrobe or reorganicing the shoes (lol). This time it was turn for my makeup. I particularly enjoy making an inventory of every makeup product I own. I've been doing this for about a year so I have every item under control and I am aware of any product that would be empty and I needed to replace.
Today I wanted to share with you my kit of essencials I wear on my handbag. Yes my lovely readers, this tiny silver beauty bag is my inseparable companion everywhere I go. It is a cute silver beauty bag that came with a Christian Dior skincare kit I got some months ago. It has the perfect size to wear all the makeup I consider essencial when I'm not at home.
Since it is a kit of essencials, I always try not to wear too much products, it's not about taking your whole makeup collection with yourself. Also I always keep the "expensive ones" at home and I only carry those from budget brands. I remember one time when I forgot my beauty bag in a public WC with my Clarins foundation and a Chanel lipstick, and when I came back, they were absolutely gone, obviously.
So, here we go, let's have a look at what I currently keep on my makeup travel bag:
- 1. Dream Mat Mouse (Maybelline). It's a fantastic foundation because of its mousse texture. I like it because I don't need to wear a foundation brush on my bag and I can spread it easily with my fingers. Mine is nº 32, golden.
- 2. Cream Blush (Bourjois). I got their mini size, and it barely takes up space. Mine is nº01.
- 3. Mattifying Compact Powder (Essence). I like everything from this powder, specially their price (around 3€) and I keep my shines areas under control. Mine is nº06, Matt Cashmere.
- 4. Age Vitality Concealer Pen (Astor), it's not the best concealer I have since it tends to smear after a while but it has saved my life more than once!
- 5. Black Kajal Pencil (Essence) and Brown Contour Khol (L'oreal). Two basic eyepencils in my two favourite colours.
- 6. Red lip gloss (Mac). A gift from my sister. I didn't know I would use it but the red colour is so lovely that I'll buy a new one in the future for sure, although I'm not sure is they still sell this format.
- 7. Colour&Shine Lipstick Pencil (Essence). A nice lipstick pencil with a very natural colour, perfect for every ocassion. Mine is 05- Kiss me. I have checked their website and I think it's no longer available, pity!
- 8. Get Big Lashes Mascara (Essence). If you want length and volume to your eyelashes for less than 3,50€ I absolutely recomend it.
- 9. Lip Balm (Neutrogena). I always have little cracks on my lips, specially in winter and this lipbalsam mitigates them. I have been loyal to this lipbalm for at least six years and I get it at my local chemist's.
- 10. Scented Spray (Sephora). Another gift from my sister. It's not my favourite scent (Musk Almond) because it reminds me of hairspray, but it stays for hours, so I might go and check for another scent when I'll be run out of this one.
- 11. Hand Cream (Nivea) My favourite body cream since I was a little girl. I bought the small format of this tin to carry it along with me everywhere I go. I adore the scent and my hands are very soft when I use it.
- 12. Make up brush and tweezers.
Which are you makeup essencials?